Master of Science in Chemical Engineering, completed degree while working full-time.
▪ Research experience in the characterization of both wood-polymer composites and ceramic thin films
▪ Organized, detail-oriented and methodical; trustworthy and positive-minded
▪ Native of New England, currently living in the South East, but looking to relocate to the Boston, MA area
EDUCATION AND ENGINEERING RESEARCH
Master of Science
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
▪ Evaluated novel radiation-curable resins as an alternative to heat-cured adhesives for application in wood composites; characterized curing of new composites through mechanical testing and infrared spectroscopy; determined feasibility and optimization for industry use; authored papers submitted for publication.
Bachelor of Science
University of Rhode Island
▪ Assisted a Masters candidate in the testing of ceramic coatings and intermediate bond coats for use in thin film sensors by thermally fatiguing instrumented and non-instrumented samples. Contributed research to papers submitted for publication.
▪ Led research in exploring the use of laser welding as a means of lead wire attachment to sputtered thin film sensors, optimizing welding parameters to successfully attach the lead wires without damaging the film.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCY AND SKILLS
Dynamic Mechanical Analysis
Differential Scanning Calorimetry
Multivariate Analysis Software
Computer Software Competency